Sunday, January 28, 2007

Dreaming of Scott, Not Dream Girls

Although I will undoubtedly get around to seeing Dream Girls, I do not consider it an outrage that it did not get a best picture nod from the Oscar voters. (I consider it a crime that Little Miss Sunshine is on that list instead of the many, many much more worthy and less derivitive indies, but that's another story). Oh, sure, Dream Girls, is not a bad retelling of an old story, but I can't say it touches my soul. Maybe if it had real soul music in it, then I might feel that it did. What I want to know is when I will finally have the chance to see 30th Century Man, the Scott Walker doc that will be showing in Berlin next month. I could find good justification to get on Lufthansa just for that. In the meanimte I can take some solace in rewatching this 10 minute feature from the Culture Show. I take comfort in adding decades to my life with the inspiration of Scott managing to be cooler and sexier at 63.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will love the movie, I was at the Premiere in London last October, a sell out of course, and the first time I had been in a room with people who all knew about Scott. I had friends there from all over the UK, one who flew in from NY for it, and one from New Zealand even made it. Next showing after Berlin is also in February, at the Glasgow Film Festival, I will be at the showing on the 25th, it goes on to Copenhagen in March after that. Stephen plans to take it to the US after the official release on 27th April, so you should see it soon after that. Enjoy! I am now waiting for the video release, he has promised extra footage for that.

Geri

 
At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS,,, Scott was 64 on 9th January this year>

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Thanks for the update, and happy 64tgh, Scott.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home