Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Is Rush Limbaugh a Guerneville Bear Now?

I've seriously thought that my next car, if I get one at all, might be a Prius. But you'd never guess that or that I have worked for environmental, sustainable, feminist, progressive causes for two decades as I hear the reactions to the Prius attacks in Sonoma County. It's wrong, and whoever is doing it needs to be brought to justice. But I could understand how someone might be drive to such a crime when I heard an interview with a make-up challenged, Tom's of Maine consuming woman whose car had been attacked. She stared at the damage, whining cluelessly, "How could anyone do this to a sweet little car that's good for the en-VIR-on-MENT?!"

I'm all for leaving a small carbon footprint, but I think we need to inspire not preach at the non-believers. I've lived in enough places where non-believers think baseball bats are covered under the First Amendment. They'll be plowing down the Code Pink members in their HumVee to get that parking space in Berkeley next.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

I hear you...it makes me sad to think that because of my political and social beliefs, I'm on the side of the Virtuati...but at the same time, I'd love to take a (metaphorical, natch) baseball bat to their polical correctness.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

fucking A - now I've heard everything, well not really, but I can't believe that some bat toting lunatics think that beating up a prius is making a statement. is this what happens when books are replaced by things such as video games such as grand theft auto?

I hope these lunatics don't get wind that I gave up driving a car because I thought it was the best thing I could do for reducing my carbon footprint - if they do I'm afraid the bat will be directed at my fenders!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home