Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Bow, Resident Design Consultant


Our kitchen updating will be finished Friday when the new range hood is installed. Today our new rug from Crate and Barrel arrived, and Bow just could not resist "initiating" it. Watching this process -- which basically involved a lot of twisting and rubbing but (thankfully) no transmission of liquids or solids -- I was reminded of what "initiation" of new items in the house was like when I had cats. It definitely involved liquids. And to think I was said things like, "I will always be a cat not dog person since cats are so much cleaner." Well, I still don't have a dog but a nearly odorless basenji.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Blogger WAT said...

Nearly odorless basenji? HA!

I've always been a dog person, but have this feeling that as I grow older, one day I'll grow to like cats more. It's not that I don't like kitties now, it's just that dogs are cuter and more loyal to me at this point.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - Seriously, basenjis have less of an odor than cats, and they don't spray the way cats do. And after 20 years of putting up with it, I wonder how I ever endured having a litter box in the house.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Glad she approved. The carpet matched very nicely with her coat.
I like your jade milk glass collection, too!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - The jade is mostly Fire King - vintage and reissues.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just ran across your blog by accident. Your little furbaby is adorable. The self anointing on the new rug is soooo typical of the 'senji. As a fellow owner of this breed I can venture a guess as to your basic personality traits (every long time Basenji owned human has these).....sense of humor, patience, a forgiving heart and a tidy home!! "WAT" doesn't know what he's missing. Not only, as you stated, are they nearly odorless, they are so cat like in their personalities it's almost as if they are part kitty--without the kitty litter!!

A big baaroo to you and Princess Bow from my Katie and Tyler in Illinois.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Katie and Tyler - Your observations are right on. She has many of the characteristics of my two cats that I had for nearly 20 years but fortunately not the claws, shedding, spraying, litter box, etc.

The fact that she has just the right amount of attitude and diva personality endears her all the more. And, by the way, she's a rescue basenji who came from Illinois.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home