Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Interactive Wednesday: How Is Your Math?

I was never that fond of Sex in the City, but this week I was watching a Hispanic affairs program on that community's fashion industry. They started comparing the consuming habits of Hispanics and Caucasians and revealed that the latter spend a paltry $800 a year on clothing and former spends a "remarkable" (?...!!!) $1,200 a year on clothing.

Anyone who knows me can attest that I'm usually rather drably and unremarkably dressed on the whole, but is it really true that the majority of Americans -- even in this economy -- spend less than $100 a month on clothing? Am I that damaged by the Carrie Bradshaw legacy that I cannot wrap my mind around that figure? I can't even wrap my mind around it in the year...1979 or something.

Discuss amongst yourselves. I could submit sales receipts of the past four weeks in the meantime.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Interesting. I have NO idea how much I spend on clothes. I just pretty much getg what I want when I want and don't think too much about it. Now you got me curious. I assume that figure includes things like shoes, belts and the like?

What do you spend?

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Bryce Digdug said...

Landron -

You are always quite snappily dressed whether it be at Yoshi's or the H u n k y J e s u s contest. I've been shopping at Siegel's lately. They have a white full length faux fur pimp coat to DIE for! If I won the lottery i would buy a yellow zoot suit.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - Yes, I think those count. And, of course, you can never have too many hats, shoes and gloves.

Bryce - Sad thing is that in order to win Hunky Jesus, all you need is the right body and a $2 loin cloth.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Since I started repaying my student loan, I think I spend about $100 a year on clothing.
Sometimes I don't even recognize myself any more...

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Salty - I've been there. Maybe I am making up for years lost, but even in the lost years I would starve but manage to come up with the clothing budget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home