Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Shots and thoughts - Tuesday evening

Random thoughts and shots from a Tuesday evening stroll:

  • Yesterday would have been my parents 58th wedding anniversary
  • It was a month ago today that I saw my father alive for the last time. I will never forget his face, overcome with joy when I said, “I’ll be back in about six weeks,” and I patted his shoulder. I’ll never know if it was because he knew I was coming back or that I was there then or both.
  • I am seriously reconsidering my opinion of the red kitchen. It’s not that I dislike it individually but the idea of having two small red rooms side by side. Maybe I am being lazy or embracing the idea of it being one big red room. At a time of transition I often repaint or re-upholster.
  • Katie Couric's debut on the CBS Evening News this afternoon wasn't as bad as I'd expected.
  • This was one of my most productive work days in months.
  • There is something about the first work day after Labor Day that always yields positive results, perhaps because I love knowing that summer is over and people are returning to their routines. I like the arrival of spring but love the arrival of autumn.
  • There is something about the Bryant-Mariposa bus barn that always reminds me of the opening scene from A Streetcar Named Desire.
  • Am I wrong, or is it a full moon tonight?













Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home