Monday, June 04, 2007

Paradise on the Passaic


May is long over and represented an unprecedented 29 days that I did not travel. That explains in part the large number of posts on this site. For better or worse there will likely not be that many in the weeks ahead as June is a more typical month of travel and visitors. That may or may not make a a huge difference to our readers. Regardless, expect to see fewer scraps of junk coming this way.

Reflecting back on the past month I am reminded of how I often find myself mired in a desire not to even venture out of the house and garden let alone the neighborhood

So in a few hours, I head off to the glory that is Newark. Actually, it's just the point of arrival as I spend a few days in that place across the Hudson River whose name escapes me at the moment.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Robert said...

At first, I read: "Paradise on the Jurrasic" ahahah!

Nice new picture btw. Is that a little JT? :-)

Happy Monday!! xoxo

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger J. David Zacko-Smith said...

I LOVE to travel - though I do admit that it also can feel good to stay put (and be home) for a while. Travel is tiring, and traveling well even more tiring yet! I am headed to Europe for 3 weeks in about 3 weeks (Denmark, the South of France and Paris, and Switzerland), and I cannot wait!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger marxsny said...

Newark is such a splendid city. I used to travel through there every day when I was working on the "Island". Now when I travel it is to Dayton, Ohio and let me tell you, very little is more exciting than Dayton, Ohio. You should try to catch LoveMusik while in New York you may like it.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Robert said...

D'oh! Another typo!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Scot said...

"...I head off to the glory that is Newark." Sounds like a real hole. (Honestly, I'm not commenting on the airport so much as trying to make you blush. Something tells me you don't blush that easily though.)

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gosh, who'd have guess Newark would have created so much buzz! Gotta run, guys, I have a hot date with some guys with gold chains and pastel colored suits to sing karaoke at the sports bar in a motorlodge on the Jersey Turnpile.

"Volare...oh, oh, oh, wow..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home