Friday, April 18, 2008

Not That Cutie

As a Unitarian-Jew, I've not paid that much attention to the Pope's visit, but it just won't seem to go away. Tonight I discovered on the PBS News Hour someone named Father Albert Cutie who apparently bills himself as a marriage expert. Okay, if you were having troubles with your marriage, wouldn't the last person you'd want to go to for advice be a celibate man in a line of work rife with pedophiles? It's sort of like asking a vegan how to cook pork chops.

Even odder, is that a site called
Priest Sunday that describes him as being "Six feet tall, with black hair and vivid blue eyes...energetic, articulate..." That sounds just a tad too TigerBeat for a description for me. Oh, go ahead and describe his muscular thighs and smooth skin craving to be touched while you're at it.

Personally, he looks a bit too much like an anatomically incorrect Ken Doll to me. But then again, I come from a spiritual tradition that puts a bit too much emphasis on male genital mutilation.

In the meantime, perhaps he could head down to Texas to give a little marital counseling to the members of that FLDS compound, or at least a little hair, make-up and wardrobe tips to those wives.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

I'd trust the vegan's advice on cooking pork chops over marital advice from a priest.

better than father ken doll, the wives at the flds compound would be better served by beauty advice from hedda lettuce (ref shadow steve's recent post, if you don't know hedda)

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger WAT said...

I'd go to him for any advice actually, because this guy is so damn cute!

LOL!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger WAT said...

And regardless of the horrors committed by so many in the priesthood and the Church, I do believe some have served with good intentions and as much purity as possible.

I think of Oscar Romero as one of the good ones.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - A good point. At least a vegan has boiled water and put things in the oven a few times.

WAT - I'm not a fan of the Vatican, but liberation theology priests I've met throughout Mexico have greatly impressed me. They are often very courageous in speaking out on human rights and willing to put their lives on the line.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger jason said...

hey, sex sells.
The Church is no dummy
Haven't you seen the pope's short cassocks and red shoes?

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger J. David Zacko-Smith said...

I'd do him in about 5 seconds. The outfit REALLY turns me on, too. ;-) I'm serious.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jason - I might agree with you on the sex appeal of Father Cutie, but the Pope's shoes aren't enough for me to want to lift up that robe.

JDZS - i agree with about the appeal of the black and white garb, but he's just a little too squeaky clean for me. I'd go for a more rough and tumble Boston Irish boxer/priest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home