Monday, June 02, 2008

Fitness for the Rest of Us

Before Ben Stein became a not so intelligent intelligent design proponent and after he was a Nixon speech writer (which didn't require much intelligence either), he contributed material to Fernwood Tonight. This was, perhaps, the best spin-off of all time. I always thought Fernwood was a fictional place, but apparently not. About four minutes in, you'll meet the Fitness Twins just before their show premiered on Channel 6. Mary Lou went on to be Junk Thief's personal trainer. She's an inspiration.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

exactly how much time is 40,000 sit-ups, for mary lou perhaps an eternity....I did enjoy martin mull, wonder whatever happened to him?

ben stein worked for fernwood tonight? there's a mindbender....but I understand he is a mega animal lover, so.....

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - Now don't be mean to Mary Lou. She's done wonders to help me redistribute my weight away from the scales. She's also offered to walk to Cincinnati with me.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

I didn't mean to be mean.... sorry mary lou! when you make it to cincinnati, just head up 71! you are most welcome at avenue c here and clevelad I will prepare a special catalan feast especially for you! and bring mary lou along - any friend of yours is a friend of mine!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - I'll let Mary Lou know when she drops by to work with me on my butt walking exercises. By the way, have you ever been to Fernwood?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home