Friday, November 07, 2008

My Recommendation for First Dog

In today's first address to the nation, the President Elect responded to one reporter's question about an issue I've been very concerned about, what is the puppy selection. He shared that they are hoping to find a shelter dog but need one that is hypoallergenic due to Malia's allergies. Though I don't want to give up my spot in line for my next foster assignment, I would give it up for Malia and Sasha and would love the symbolic power of the above face in the White House.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger WAT said...

Yes, you are an expert lately on this whole doggy adoption sort of thing.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - Yes and -- sigh -- the heartache it can bring, but I may be going to a basenji ranch in the desert later this month to explore the next chapter.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Aunty Christ said...

A basenji ranch in the desert? Too cool. I have been nursing a dream of starting a pug dog ranch for years. Probably not in the desert though. It would have to be where it's not hot, not cold, doesn't rain, and is covered with pillows.

I emailed the President-Elect with my recommendation of a pair of pugs, actually. I did not say this, but I imagine that if they put their daughter in a hamster ball for the next 20 years or so, the massive amounts of pug detritus would hardly bother her at all.

Such funny faces, though, basenjis. They would make a delightful addition to the First Family.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Aunty - Endearing faces on both, but that little wrinkled forehead on basenjis is irresistible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home