Friday, November 21, 2008

Thirty Hours and Counting

It's just above 22 degrees in Kalamazoo, and come Saturday morning, a certain someone with a golden-red coat will be making her way to San Francisco from Kalamazoo via Chicago O'Hare. I am so excited and also so nervous. I have no idea how she will react to me, California, or the trip. But after having nearly a month without a four pawed companion for the first time in nearly 20 years, I am very anxious to be able to go to the special handling window of American Airlines at SFO Saturday evening. Fingers crossed, baby gates back up in the back yard, and lots of Natural Balance treats and Gouda cheese to welcome her. I plan to shower her with all the attention and support she deserves.

Although I have regularly been assured that flying is a better option that BUR (Basenji Underground Railroad), the clip below has given me pause several times. At least she won't be on United, and apparently this case caused airlines to be extra cautious about basenji travelers.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Do you purposely seek out these clips to give yourself ulcers? Good grief! Once again, I'm so envious of the little delivery of joy you'll be getting on Saturday, and looking forward to more of your Basenji Blog.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joe - Yes, I guess I diverted myself with this video since it's the one thing that is more ulcer inducing than watching the stock market and my modest 401K and other "income" investments falling off the cliff. Come Saturday, Junk Thief will probably turn into just 24/7 basenji news. Or maybe she and I will be roaming the streets of SF with our shopping cart and blankets after the next 700 point dip.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger ArtSparker said...

Okay, made me weepy...My dog skip is a very sweet film, by the way.

The market (with reference to Detroit) is making me think of Mr.Toad in his canary-colored cart being hit by the auto & then lying in the road in a comatose state. Although in his case, he was stunned with delight.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

ArtSparker - I've not seen "My Dog Skip" since it came out, but it is sweet in a non-maudlin way. The last time I had a dog as a full time pet was when I was in high school, and she sort of became my parents' dog as she aged. It will be a new chapter to have a dog that is just my companion. Fingers crossed on her safe journey and making a place in my home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home