Thursday, February 26, 2009

Interactive Thursday: 10 Things That Make No Sense

Some things will never make sense to me. Here are ten of mine. Show me yours.

* Hawaiian pizza. Ham. Pineapple. Together. Where is the vomit bag?
* Coke - the drink and the drug. Tried the former and thought it was disgusting, have yet to try the latter but know it makes people dull and stupid
* Bijon Frises - Proof that intelligent design does not exist.
* Madonna - The Virgin and the pop star. The first one just doesn't make sense; the second one just makes me want to cast her as the object of desire in a remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre XIV.
* Spas that dip people in chocolate - Heard an NPR report on this once and had to leave the room to vomit.
* The 1997 version of Titanic - The turd in the punch bowl of the North Atlantic. The most viewed film ever?
* Star Wars movies - I've never made it through an entire episode of these without falling asleep. Wait; is this the one with Dr. Spock?
* The current men's basketball uniforms - Why would I pay to see men in bloomers? Bring back tight short-shorts! Baseball currently has the best costumes.
* Survivor, the TV series. I just learned it's still on the air. I thought it got canceled back in 1999.
* Craigslist and Twitter. I've tried both and still don't know why they are thriving and printed newspapers are going belly up.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Dave said...

You forgot one: kids on your front lawn. GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU KIDS!

Hawaiian is my favorite pizza. Bud's too. It's our regular order at Mona Lisa. With extra onions.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Dave - I have a sidewalk not a front lawn, so that solves that problems. Well, all I know is that the appeal of Hawaiian pizza will always escape me. Or ham. Or pineapple. Clams and kiwis sounds better than that.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Bryce Digdug said...

Landron - I love Hawaiian pizza. Coke too. I agree about Madonna. This painter painted the Virgin smiling when she should always be Dolores for obvious reasons.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Bryce - I didn't say that I hate people who like these things. I just can't wrap my head around why anyone likes them. I also love that this Madonna has an apple, as if she morphed with Eve.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Lora said...

I love hawaiian pizza more than almost any other food in the world.

i actually like it ham-less better, only because lots of pizza shops use cheap ham or lunchmeat on the pie. that's just wrong. but wonderful amazing easterish ham on pizza is decadent. but it sounds disgusting, i agree.

i would rather vomit thru my nose than be dipped in chocolate. i hate dairy products on my skin.

i hate the basketball shorts too, and love baseball costumes too (costumes! ha! i'm totally stealing that)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Lora - As I said, I don't hate people that like these things. It's just that I don't get their appeal. I've never had any form of Hawaiian food that I like. It seems that it's all about sugar and dead pigs. I love every form of fruit EXCEPT pineapple which has always made me want to puke.

Yes, to me sports is all about good costumes and proper lighting. If I'm going to sit through a basketball game, I want to see a little more leg and ass. And those Olympic swim team uniforms last year were a crime!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger WAT said...

I was laffing out loud at work about the spas that dip people in chocolate. EEK! That does sound kind of gross. And the overpowering sweet cocoa smell must turn one's stomach for sure.

TITANIC is the most viewed movie ever? I suppose that makes sense, since it translated well internationally. Very linear easy-to-follow film, and although the first half is pretty retarded, I have to say the sinking of the actual turd is quite dramatic and well done. Oh well. It's not any worse than SAN FRANCISCO starring Clark Gable! Disaster epics are supposed to be loaded with cheesiness!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - Dipped in chocolate is for bunnies and dummies.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Bryce Digdug said...

The pineapple is the international symbol of hospitality.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Bryce - Maybe my DNA is messed up. The sight of a pineapple is always exciting. It's the taste that drives me away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home