Monday, June 08, 2009

Thank you Peter Stuyvesant. Thank you Boss Tweed. Thank you Robert Moses.

Recently, I've been catching up on past podcasts and blogs by the ever endearing Bowery Boys. Turns out their most recent discovery was the final resting place of Montgomery Clift near my old stomping ground of Park Slope.

The image of Nancy Walker planting 2,000 crocuses around the headstone is a great way to start my week.

If you don't already subscribe to their podcast on iTunes, go there now!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger The Blue Elephant said...

Had to know I was gay when I saw Montgomery Clift in his first film, THE SEARCH (Director Fred Zinneman)!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger The Blue Elephant said...

Had to know I was gay when I saw Montgomery Clift in his first film, THE SEARCH (Director Fred Zinneman)!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jim - Monty probably inspired that in plenty a young man back then.

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger WAT said...

I can't believe Monty is even resting anywhere! He is one of myfavorite classic movie stars. What a stud! We could have made magic...

;)

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - I think Monty would have been nice to be with in theory more than reality -- more a mess than magic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home