Friday, June 25, 2010

Ney and the Glory of Male Divas.


In the movie Party Girl, when Parker Posey learns the joys of the Dewey Decimal System and starts organizing the 12-inch singles of her DJ roommate, she picks up a Sylvester album and says, "Divas, male."

Add to that list Brazilian legend Ney Matogrosso. Though not that well known in the U.S., imagine my delight this afternoon when I turned the corner from around my house and saw the above handbill in front of the Brava Theater. If you've never experience Ney, here is a clip of him in action.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Good Lord

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - Okay, he's a bit over the top, but for someone in his late 60s to just be daring enough to dress up like that deserves some credit. Okay, I don't plan to dress that way when I'm his age.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home