Monday, July 24, 2006

So glad that you're both back home!

What sort of parent would let their 18-month old baby to Olathe, Kansas, for a three day stay? It's hard to admit, but I must say it was me, and believe me I felt so alone without my baby and was so excited when I picked him up in my arms around 10:45 a.m. this morning. Now even though he’s a wee one, my baby and I have made many trips together. In fact it’s rare that I travel without him.

Even without the horrible heat, I walked a little slower without my little one. That little one is my iPod Mini, of course. Supposedly made obsolete barely a year after their introduction by the Nano, the Mini now reportedly has become something of a collectors item and can fetch a pretty high resale value. But I have no desire to sell MY little one for just a chunk of change. I was glad to know that the folks at iPod ResQ in Kansas, of all places, were able to put in the new battery and DHL him back home good as new.

No, I don’t go as far as giving my Mini a personal name, but it’s very much a part of my life. And then this evening, just as I was leaving Baghdad Café after going to my writing group I was thrilled to see another friend home – fog! I was so excited, that I walked home with my Mini blaring all my new and old favorites in my headset, the bounce was back in my step.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home