Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Bit Weird Even for Me

I promise that this will not turn into a sentimental pet site. But today I finished the video tribute for Whimsey’s memorial and ash scattering that will take place Tuesday. I look forward to picking up his ashes tomorrow and begin feeling a sense bringing him home and moving on. Last night I saw a mention in New York magazine that bashed the new dogster.com and catser.com, sort of canine and feline variations on friendster.com. So how weird could it be, I thought, and posted a memorial to Whimsey on it.

Within barely 45 minutes, I received eight e-mails, mostly from people who wanted to know if my dead cat wanted to be friends with their dead cat. It’s a bit disturbing or comforting, I’m not sure yet, that in San Francisco alone there are 896 cat pages posted.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home