Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What I DIDN"T Miss













A week away from the U.S., and what news gripped the nation -- two fat guys ate a candy bar on the Super Bowl, Anna Nicole died, Gavin went into rehab, the Dixie Chicks were redeeemed. Geez, and people wonder why the world hates this country. Even stranger is that I have been asked more than once if I felt people in Guatemala were ignorant and cut off from the rest of the world. What was really spooky was that the first thing on TV when I was reuinted with TV in Guatemala City on Sunday was Geraldo doing some two hour special on "Anna Nicole: Death of a Tragic Beauty" as if it were some epic tale. I was pleased to find a French language news channel to make me feel I actually could find out what happened in the world while I was off the grid for a few days.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home