Sunday, March 11, 2007

Living Daylights

Okay, besides the fact that it was much too hot in San Francisco today and I managed to reset all the "manual" clocks in the house early yesterday afternoon, can someone explain to me why it usually takes Sprint at least 24 hours before they reset to the accurate time? It has happened consistently for the 5-6 years I've used them as my main mobile carrier. Both computers updated themselves automatically as did a $15 Crate & Barrel travel clock, but not the Treo 650. I was also surprised that the less than a year-old, fairly pricey SONY DVD recorder didn't reset itself. I'm sure it will next month.

I hope that I am not starting my work day at 6 a.m. or 10 a.m., though the fact that I have coworkers in about 15 different time zones always adds confusion to it all.

Then there is the fact that there is a 15 minute time change when you go from Nepal to India. Nepal did it just to prove that they are not part of India

Anyway, it has cooled down enough I can go out for yin yang prawns at Firecracker.

UPDATE: Okay, Duh-moment alert. I turned the phone off and then back on and it went back to contemporary time. Hey, it took me three years to do a MySpace page. Now if the IT guy could just tell me why I can't print...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Eva the Deadbeat said...

HOT!? you lucky devil!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Yep, I've been called a devil before. Not devil's advocate, just plain devil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home