Monday, June 04, 2007

Could Someone Direct Me to the Mall?


Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I was being ironic in my references to Newark as a paradise. However, that is a mighty dern efficient and clean airport to fly in and out of. Just a few hours in Manhattan and discovering that the tiny window for personal stuff is already jammed with another work appointment, I might as well be stuck in a windowless Marriott in Jersey City.

However, I am grateful that despite potential rain it's down from the 90s of last week and around 72. A bit muggy but not that bad.

However, the illusion of the city being so well scrubbed and Disney-fied may be a bit exaggerated.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Blogger Dave said...

In pre-Katrina New Orleans, we used to worry that our city would become Disneyfied and so touristy that it would lose its unique character.

Post-Katrina, we're all just thrilled when someone actually shows up to pick up the garbage. It's all relative.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Sqn Francisco is a combination of both. I live in the non Disney section but always wear my Mickey ears.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home