Sunday, June 10, 2007

Deadbeats and JunkThieves Collide!


You can say you saw it first here, Eva Deadbeat and Gregg JunkThief met for a great gab fest and lunch today at the Samovar Tea Lounge in the Castro. After six months or so of blog commenting, we met live and had great conversation. What did we discuss? Oh, some things are private and not to be spread all over the blogasphere! I think we both were pleased to find out that we are both the good kind of crazy not restraining order kind of crazy.

Eva's just as peppy, bright and adorable as she is on her blog and vlogs, and I hope it's not the last time we converge. I'm sure we'll continue our cross-country banter in the days ahead. I hope to meet other visiting bloggers coming through SF or when I'm in your town. Drop me a line, and we'll take time to shut off the modem and monitor for real conversation.

As Eva can confirm, do be warned that I can be a real JunkThief. I unwittingly nabbed her tasty English tea, but she seemed to have no problem with the bottomless cup of Russian tea intended for my lunch. Sometimes the serendipity gods manage to smile down to make all things work out. As you can see, I'm not even scowling in our photo!

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Awh, a sweet blogmeet. How fun! I just went too Eva's blog, she takes great pictures. Very photogenic!

Say, I didn't know your name was Gregg. Now I do! :-)

Hello Gregg!

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger WAT said...

I have met only one of my fellow bloggers/commenters. Would love to meet many more!

What a great cool thing this blogging thing can be; bringing different people like this together.

By the way, I saw "Double Indemnity" over the weekend. Fascinating film.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

You two are just adorable!

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Robert - And glad to meet you. Maybe over tea sometime "live."

Wat - Glad you caught "Double Indeminity." Great film, but the extras on the DVD are lacking for such a classic.

Jill - Adorable, indeed, sort of the Donnie and Marie of bogs.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

I actually had Tony Orlando and Dawn in mind when I wrote that...but now that you mention it...

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Scot said...

I'm down for a meet up over tea/lunch. It's been a while since I've been to the bay area and I'm long overdue. When you next make it to LA, let me know. WAT's a local too.
I do develop a fondness for some of the online personalities and would be up to meeting most of the people that visit regularly, including yourself.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Scot - Anytime you're in SF, let me know. I am always looking for a reason to go to LA. I'm actualy someone from SF that thinks it's cool!

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Eva the Deadbeat said...

Aww, sweetest post ever and so so lovely to meet you in person! I think some sort of bloggy explosion happened but I was full of Russian tea and survived the blast!

Nice to be home in VT and return to my dusty blog but I miss SF and her lovely views. What a life. i will be back to bug you again real sooN!

Waiter, more tea!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home