Friday, July 20, 2007

Twitchy, Bitchy -- and Manic

"Partly Jane Fonda and partly Jane Fonda!" Oh, JunkThief, what are you talking about, I've heard many a youngster ask. Well, back in 1971, my grammy took me to see this musical (complete with the Oh Calcutta! bare assed reference edited out of the CBS broadcast). Grammy P just loved the show and said she felt it embodied a world where I would one day reside and thrive. I pleaded to have her take me to THAT bar for a Shirley Temple, but she drew the line there. I did make it there eventually "It's just too groovy to believe!"

And you know what, Grammy P, I agree that it's dull to be too sane. Thank you for opening that first window all those years ago.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger The Angry Young Man said...

I had no idea they made a musical version of "All About Eve". Do you think it was wise to be tossing Lauren Bacall around like that? I mean, even in 1970 she was like 235 years old. What if she fell down and broke a hip? What would Sanka have ever done?

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Give the old girl a break, Angry. She was only 218 in 1970, by the way. How do you think she got that Tasty Feast gig? All those cat moves and nine lives.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! How amazing! Reminds me of the time I saw Carol (the other Mrs.) Channing in "Hello Dolly!" She stopped the show to ask the audience if we thought she was going to fall into the orchestra pit. What a doll! Sorry I missed Bacall! You lucky boy, you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home