Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Mission Bells Ring for Me


Thanks to Gavin Elster (no, I don't think that he's really that Gavin Elster) of Sequoia Sempervirens for the heads up about the festivities in October at San Juan Bautista marking the 50th anniversary of the filming (it was actually released the following year) of Vertigo. This looks like too cool of an event to miss. I am already fairly certain I'll attend, making it at least my fourth trip there. When I am forced to take visitors to Monterrey/Carmel, I always demand that I be rewarded by a trip to San Juan Bautista and the outlet shops in Gilroy.

If you've never been over the Sequoia Sempervirens, it's worth the trip. Gavin must have the most amazing culture obscura gopher sense for YouTube and other strange corners of pop culture. A recent post of a Finnish version of YMCA is not to be missed.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger WAT said...

Me love that crazy butthead Gavin's site too. U talk about the most irreverent/twisted view on our culture and he's that man.

Oh this trip to the mission sounds lovely. Take pics of course, if ya go, but don't be throwing any blondes off to their deaths below. Although, the real mission don't have a bell tower anymore...

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

You are the best junky! I'll be tooling up the coast to this event.

Such kind words.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

The pleasure's mine, Gavin. Maybe we'll meet there, provided you promise not to chase me up to that dern tower!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home