Monday, August 13, 2007

Don't Dance in the Streets Just Yet

He may be physically leaving D.C. and the White House, but I don't buy the "going back home to spend more time with the family". Anyone who knows him or the course of Republican politics knows that's code for dreaming up some evil, new plan. Instead of that hideous attempt at rap we were forced to see at the press dinner last year, I'd rather see him do a retake on this lyric:

So come up to the lab.
And see what's on the slab.

I see you shiver with antici... pation!
But maybe the rain isn't really to blame
So I'll remove the cause, but not the symptom.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Rove is just hideous - I pray every day that justice finds his ass and nails it to the wall!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger rich bachelor said...

Personally, I always thought the whole 'more time with my family' excuse was specifically crafted for those about to be subpoenaed, or in Rove's case, already has been and it would just work better for him if he was a private citizen.

Mind you, as we all know, contempt of Congress appears to be a crime without anything in the way of a punishment, so...

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Scot said...

I was listening to KCRW (actually the NPR news) yesterday when I had an "OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" moment about this. They mention that he will be subpoenaed in conjunction with Valerie Plaine, the firing of the prosecuters, etc. Nopw that he's not a member of the White House they can let him testify. This is the bone the White House is throwing congress, but of course they have a tight string around this particular bone that they'll be able to jerk at any time. I wonder what kind of "incentive" he got from Bush's people to do this.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

The way I learned about Rove is so funny. Just back from a weekend in Asheville, N.C. - with angels, past lives and spirit guides, I walked into the airport in a blissful state. Just as I passed a TV monitor (tuned in to CNN) one talking head said to another talking head, "But what will the President do without his brain?"

I thought, "What?" But the crawl explained: the rats are leaving the sinking ship of this awful administration. Oh yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home