Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Caligula, Karen Black and the Junkster

Okay, I'm more than a little pissed that my Lauren Bacall/Hank Hyena post has been up for nearly 48 hours with absolutely zero comments. Like Gwenyth Paltrow, this celebrity may just retreat to Europe and never come back to the crass, clueless Etats Unis.

So, on the topic of fame whores, how has it taken Junk Thief so long to discover Francesco Vezzoli with his Democrazy with Sharon Stone and the Gore Vidal's Caligula remake with the real Karen Black not just The Voluptuous Horror of Karen Black glorious as that is? I can't believe Mark of There's No One Driving the Plane! hasn't tipped me off on this great outing for Karen.

Regardless, looking at it don't you get just a certain feel of your beloved Junk Thief's Sbalzi de Amore? And while I tip the fedora to his nabbing both Sharon and Karen, I don't think he's yet to capture Cantinflas and Ruth Buzzi. Anyways, I'm off to watch John Phillip Law as the scantily clad blind angel in Barbarella and them I'm out of here.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

for monday and yesterday's karen black post: ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS - when I see you may I kiss your ring or touch your hem?

now you must come back. we just couldn't survive have such a brain drain - it's bad enough here!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger The Angry Young Man said...

Karen Black is an international celebrity?!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger cb said...

Oh on the guy, Ew on the girl.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger rich bachelor said...

As you may have noted, I love me some Gore Vidal. But-as hard as he has tried- he just can't get his name taken off 'Caligula'. The script, at this point, has almost none of his input, so disgusted was he by Mr. Guccione and the rest of the weirdoes who made that one.

Mind you, in Italy he is largely known for having authored Visconti's 'Senso', which he also didn't write.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Dear Karen. She's a dainty darling. Her husband was an actor in a film I produced about a decade ago. Nice interesting couple.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home