Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Felt Just After 8

Nearly a dozen years here, and this was the first time I absolutely felt one. I was sure that it was the funky plumbing upstairs again but heard no water when that familiar feeling came, though this time with the windows humming. I switched from Kind of Blue to KQED but heard nothing for sure until a good 45 minutes later. Hearing a wave (as I did) and not a jolt is reason to stay calm and a sign you're 45 miles aways from the epicenter as I was. I'd already forgotten about it until deciding to watch the 11 p.m. news. There is seismic activity in the Pyrenees too.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

I always thought earthquakes were fun until Loma Prieta. After that one (which knocked me off my feet - I was in Civic Center, built on sand, so the ground really shook hard) I was happy to never ever ever feel another earthquake ever again. Yikes.

I love your Muertos slide show, and YES about the Day of the Dead march, YES YES YES. It was always my very favorite San Francisco event.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

of course thought of you as soon as I heard the report, and was wondering if you felt the shaking...geez half way around the world and it won't even be like leaving home. not! bon voyage.

another great slide show! glad you are liking slide.com - it is very user friendly and the resolution seems better than with photobucket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home