Monday, November 19, 2007

Tagged Once More

Okay, only because she is both charming and salty, I will indulge Salty Miss Jill's tagging request for a second time. If you missed my list from July, it is here. I'm following Joy's lead by bucking authority and nixing the last two rules.

They are:

1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
4. Tag seven random [?] people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.

It's fairly easy to do random and/or weird. Fortunately interesting would be beyond my skill set:

1.) I briefly dated a guy who was a collector of reptiles and had 30-40 snakes in cages in his tiny apartment. They were in their glass cages that were from floor to ceiling, facing his bed as their little eyes peered down at any activity that took place in the room. He was also a classical guitarist, landscape architect and prone to having accidents in his Jeep. He volunteer with the reptile rescue society and said iguanas are the hardest to place and prone to chronic depression.

2) I despise any form of chocolate and sweet drinks of any kind. I ordered an iced tea over the weekend that was sweetened without my permission, and I fought the reflex to spit it out on the table. It took 24 hours to get that nasty sugar wang out of my mouth. Sugar or sweetener in coffee or tea? Don't speak such heresy!

3) I have two cousins with webbed toes.

4) My sister did not have a middle name until she got married and was able to use my last name as her middle name. One of my cousins with webbed toes also doesn't have a middle name, and his first one only has three letters.

5) I played the glockenspiel in middle school marching band because I was the only percussionist able to read music.

6) My apartment in Park Slope Brooklyn previously had Alice Walker and Mira Nair as tenants.

7) The previous tenant in my first apartment was murdered in the unit's living room.



Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Scot said...

Re: #7
I'm guessing you're not an overly superstitious man.
Re: #1
I'm guessing the most important snake was not worth the rest of them

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Scot - #7: Well, that was a long time ago and I've yet to be murdered. #1: It was pretty good, but not that good. I don't like an audience for that, and certainly not that audience.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger jason said...

"that nasty sugar wang out of my mouth"

Nice.
I gotta remember that one.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jason - Well, it is nasty to me, at least. Sweetened tea has to be one of the most horrible things ever invented.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Joy Keaton said...

I love that we both got iguanas into this meme. That Jill, she must bring out the lizard in us! ;)

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

hey I have a couple cousins with webbed toes...maybe we are related after all? could explain things much. ;)

I got tagged last week, I'm so bad I didn't play....I also don't forward email chain letters. live on the edge that's my motto!

webbed toes, reptiles and murder - definitely stuff in the interesting category

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Pod said...

i, for one, could not release my own snake under the watchful beady eyes of many other reptiles.
and i also have slightly webbed fingers.....

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Apologies for the meme thing. My first impulse is to ignore them and hope they'll go away (like I do with many of my problems)...but then think what the hell...it gives me something to write about.

And what are you talking about? You are nothing if not interesting! Silly man!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

All hail sweet tea! Junk, I reckon you ain't got a dadgum Southern molecule in yer body! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home