Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Tagged


I've been tagged, woo-hoo, by Salty Miss Jill. It took me a while, but I am finally responding. The rules, apparently, are that I need to share eight little known facts about myself. Does the fact that I am little known and don't know myself count? I guess not, so here goes with a list:

1) I was a 4-H Club member in middle school and raised or attempted to raise, sheep as my livestock project. I did much better in the woodworking and crafts unit. My experience with the sheep was pretty disastrous when two of the ewes got raveled in rope while our family was on vacation, and we came home to find them hanging from a tree. My parents agreed that I didn't have to raise livestock after that.

2) I have eaten rodents and insects as part of my job functions on work related trips. The rodents were cuys or guinea pigs which anyone who has ever traveled to the Andes know are a delicacy there. I have also had grilled grasshoppers in Oaxaca. The cuys are disgusting, greasy gray meat that I hope never again to consume. The grasshoppers, however, have a tasty, nutty flavor that I'd gladly eat again anytime.

3) Much as I hate to drive (as evidenced in last week's U-Haul adventure), I have driven in the following countries outside of the U.S. -- Canada, Mexico, Togo, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Mali, Honduras and Guatemala. With the exception of Oaxaca where I had five people in a VW bug (the pre-2000 style) all were in huge four-wheel drives.

4) I have none of the music by these demons in my home: Whitney, Madonna, Britney, Celine, Fergie, or any of their clones. Ew, gross, yuck to all of them. Oddly, I have the complete catalogue of Steely Dan and 85% of Miles Davis which probably makes me on notice for keeping my fag card.

5) I can reach more than an inch beyond the tip of my nose with my tongue. I think I was 12 before my parents asked that I refrain from demonstrating the skill at family gatherings.

6) I had an uncle Dorris and an Aunt Ted, though they were from opposite sides of the family and never met.

7) I have had sex in the following places:....No, none of your damned business. I'm still going to count that one in the list as an attempt.

8) My first appearance on stage was in a kindergarten pageant featuring children of the world. I played the little boy from Turkey who was scripted to speak some ridiculous Cold War propagandistic rant. How a blond kid was considered to be appropriate to play a Turk is beyond me. It was my first time to do a serious editing job.

Okay, there, done.

UPDATE: Just in case Salty Miss Jill decides to get pesky and not count #7, I realized another little known fact from my show biz career.
I have a five second walk on part in a Filipino TV movie during a scene shot in San Mateo. I play a lawyer because I was the only friend of the PA that was over six feet and owned a decent looking suit. My line was something like "Do you still want to prosecute or drop the charges?" I never got a dime for that role, damn it. Try to find that one on imdb!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Scot said...

Kudos. One of the the best "(Random Number) thing about me" post I've seen.
1) Hung sheep (and I'm not talking about failed castration) should exempt young'uns from raising them. 2)Rodents can be tasty. 3)Driving is best left to those named "James". 4)Fag music is diverse. 5)I'd like to experience your tongue first hand/hole. 6)I had an aunt Clyde. 7) the edit was a disapointment. 8) I play a jew regularly though I'm an Irish Catholic.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Thanks, Scot. Random is my middle name (legally it's Lynn, but I like Random better). Hmm, I like that offer on #5! I've grown and gained many new skills since I passed age 12. You make a really cute Jew. Maybe being half of one made me a credible Turk.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

I had to answer one of these things as well.

Scot, I have to say you rock the Tevia look.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gavin, your list was more interesting than mine. Though I thought you might have used it as a chance to let the world know that you set up Scottie and drove your wife to suicide in San Juan Bautista. Oh, wait, they already made a movie about that so it's no secret.

Actually, I thought Scot was playing Motel Kamzoil, not Tevye. He's a few years and pounds shy of playing Tevye.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger WAT said...

Madonna a DEMON??!!

NOW NOW!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Okay, maybe Madonna's just a Succubus, but Celine Dion is a demon.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Pesky? Indeed! When have you ever known me to be pesky?

And here I thought that, according to Boy George, Madonna was the Devil herself...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home