Tuesday, January 15, 2008

In My Neighborhood - The Power of Pork Products

It seems that there is a circle surrounding poor Junk Thief who does not eat pork not so much out of his heritage but his realization that pigs are perhaps the most intelligent of barnyard animals who are greatly traumatized by their servitude to the churning knives and grinders of the world. No vegan, Junk Thief just has never submitted to the Four Pork Products of the Apocalypse despite the constant urging of Salty Miss Jill, Bryce Digdug and Kusala~Joe/Max to form the fourth corner of their incomplete quartet of pork consumption.

Are they behind the above flyer seen this afternoon at 22nd and Mission? Or is it a warning to be on the look out for these three? Perhaps, the Three Horse People of the Apocalypse seeking a rider for the fourth empty saddle on the pony that trails behind them? Please weigh in, if you dare, on this critical topic of our time. And may you live in interesting times.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

I'd rather eat pork than horse.
I also keep my pork consumption to a minimum...but don't tell the others!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - I'll keep it quiet. It's not like I'd publish it on the internet or something.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Gary said...

My friend Mark loves all pork products so maybe he can take the empty seat and give you an out. As for me, pork does not rock my world but every once in a while I find it to my liking. Since I do not cook I am sometimes at the mercy of those who do and in those situations I am just happy to have a well prepared dinner instead of whatever scraps I can whip up. (But count me out on tripe - see Salty's latest post.)

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - Tripe - bleh! In my neighborhood, there is no pig or cow body part that is not available at the local carnicerias.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Bacon is Life.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gavin - They'd have it around the necks of rescue dogs if they could stop them from eating it before they reach the people they're meant to help.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Joe said...

My Ideal Self is a vegetarian bodhisattva.

However, in reality, life without bacon is not worth living.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

K~J - If that's your only contradiction, you're a good man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home