Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hell Week

Is it too late to send a message of apology to John Hagee? Apparently not, since just as he maneuvered Katrina as punishment to cancel a sinful event in New Orleans, he has arranged for a heat wave coming to San Francisco. One of the few reasons I stay in San Francisco is the weather. It never gets cold here, and the hot days are mercifully few.

For those who don't know the Junk Thief temperature definitions, here they are:
Cold - 12 Fahrenheit and below
Cool - 13 - 28 Fahrenheit
Pleasant - 29 - 42 Fahrenheit
Perfect - 43 - 58 Fahrenheit
Warm - 59 - 61 Fahrenheit
Hot - 62 - 72 Fahrenheit
Hell on earth - 73 - 81 Fahrenheit
Death - 82 Fahrenheit and above

I thought I'd post this early, because I know that in 48 hours, I will not be able to touch the keyboard. You can see the horrible news here.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Joe said...

See, you shouldn't have used all that hairspray with its chlorofluorocarbons back a couple decades ago. "In fashion," you said, without a care in the world...

May I suggest driving out to Baker Beach and taking a dip in the Pacific? The water may have warmed up to about 38 degrees by Thursday.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joe - My place of worship says that all crimes in the name of fashion are forgiven. Crimes of fashion are another story.

The cool water sounds good, but seeing the overweight, 75-year-olds sunbathing in the buff is more than I need, thanks.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Now I know why you live in San Fran.
At least one of the reasons, anyhow...

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - I hope you don't mean I live here for the "views" sunning themselves on Baker Beach. Bleh, that's why I've not been there in about eight years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home