Saturday, June 14, 2008

Eccentric?

Besides the use of the color red and cherry stained oak in home decor, Junk Thief shares with Diana Vreeland a penchant for freshly ironed paper money. Spray starch can be used, but this must be done in moderation to avoid stains. It goes without saying that these are then placed in the billfold, all face up with smaller denominations of bills in the front, larger in the back. Stacking of cans or other repetitive behavior is often an early sign of autism. In Junk Thief's family, there is a consistent pattern of children from ages nine months to 32 months of naming the cans and preferring to play with them instead of dolls or other toys. Spice cans were a favorite. No stacking was involved because each can was an individual and needed its personal space.

Do you have similar eccentricities to share?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Lord, yes. I could entertain myself for hours sorting sea shells, grandma's jewlery and other small objects when I was very young. I love completing mundane, repetitive tasks and alphabetizing. I'm also a compulsive list-maker and have a 'system' for just about everything.
Autistic? No, just a bit feeble-minded and freakish, that's me ;)

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Salty - Feeble minded? Oh, I knew that, so this really puts my mind at ease.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home