Monday, June 09, 2008

Si, Se Puede

I may need to head back to Spain to stand in solidarity with the truck drivers there in their blockade protesting fuel prices. Besides agreeing with them whole-heartedly on the issue, just that image of standing in solidarity with a Spanish truck driver blockade makes me weak in the knees. 'scuse me while I go use up the last vapors of my $5 per gallon gas to move my car so I don't get a ticket during "street cleaning" tomorrow. (Yeah, right, they ticket you during street cleaning day when they actually don't clean the street.)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Bobby D. said...

same in brooklyn--moving your car to and fro while the street sweepers come whenever they 'feel' like it.
maybe we should make a solidarity banner for the Spanish truck drivers, and put the handsomest one on it.

thnx for the link

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

D. Chedwick - Yes, I recall my days on Garfield in Park Slope and dealt with the same issues then. Yes, let's definitely have the best looking drivers on the front line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home