Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heute...


...In honor of Obama's recent Berlin triumph, I am listening to my favorite lesbian singer of dirty ditties, Claire Waldoff. She has the reputation of being Dietrich's first female lover, but I doubt that (not that Dietrich had female lovers but that they came that late). She's up there with Anita Berber with her monkey and monocle as far as my favorite Weimar characters.

Along with Guy Maddin, she's making me feel quite cheery in a darkly fatalistic way. how else would one want to have it.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger digibudi said...

Junkthief, you always have the most interesting underground heroes at your blog.. thanks for sharing!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Nikolas - Glad you liked her. I hope they do a movie about her someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home