Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Krugman the Movie

Just as many are re-examining Oliver Stone's Wall Street, it was fitting that Paul Krugman won the Nobel Prize just as his warnings about the global economy came true. I've read him for quite a number of years and have been a bit embarrassed to admit to finding him to be a heart throb. The right mix of salt and pepper, intense eyes and a Nobel to boot are a good combination. Word of George Clooney now playing him in a movie may prove me to be not as wacky as I'd feared.

Most important we can hope that events of the past few weeks might finally convince people that Milton Friedman and the market driven economy might be just a wee bit, dare I say it, flawed.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

I think krugman is brilliant and was blown away over the news that he won the nobel prize. rightly so!

clooney as krugman is perfect....talk about separated at birth!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Steve Reed said...

I never thought of Krugman as a sex symbol...but now that you mention it, he's not at all unattractive! (The allure of the Nobel is a plus, admittedly.)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - It's good that Krugman won the Nobel in the prime of his career and when people may finally realize they need to be listening to him more.

Steve - Maybe if I won a Nobel I'd get more dates. I'll work on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home