Saturday, October 11, 2008

New in My 'Hood

I'm not sure if it's a sign of the new economy or a last remnant of the old one, but I finally got around to stopping by Dynamo SF, just around the corner from me after its opening a month or so back. Bryce Digdug often speak of the Bi-Rite phenomenon, and it's easy to see how a place that serves simply coffee and dough nuts could be seen as a part of that. However, at $2.50 for a simple cup of coffee, one wonders how long such a place will hang on charging what would be pricey even at an airport.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Steve Reed said...

If it's any consolation, I paid $3 for a cup of coffee this afternoon. I ordered without realizing how much it would cost, and after I paid, I thought, "Am I NUTS??"

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Steve - Maybe that will save the global economy -- cups and cups of $3 coffee.

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Damn, that's 'spensive.
I like your spelling of 'dough nuts'. :)

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - I just can't bring myself to do it as donuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home