Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Iceman Cometh -- Eventually


Having spent several hours during the past couple of days seeking the best option to have my refrigerator repaired or replaced, I was reminded why I prefer to live, if not alone, just with Bow. After waiting out the 2 to 4 p.m. window for the repairman's arrival, when he arrived at 7:30 p.m. and said that he would have to come back Monday -- between 1 and 5 p.m. -- I recalled often being put in that "I'll get back to you, sometime between tomorrow and never" attitude that wrecks both my ego and insistence on being precise.

This Joni Mitchell tune always best summed it up, and I've reached the point of thinking any amount of court and spark is not worth being put in the holding pattern.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Here here. (or is it 'Hear Hear'?)

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - Hair, Hair!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

mr sugar iceman best come on monday.....hate when that happens

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - I hope he is on time this go around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home