Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's Here. It's HERE. IT'S HERE!!!!!

I'm not quite as excited as when Bow arrived, but I am thrilled that my Amtico tile arrived this afternoon, and I can spend MLK Weekend installing it and then dance on it Inauguration Day. YES I CAN!!!

That's not exactly what it will look like when finished, but it gives you an idea.

Now if that jerk finally finishes repairing my refrigerator sometime between now and 2034 I will be less cranky.
UPDATE: Over lunch, I placed a few squares to see what the finished floor will look like as you will note above. Below is the hideous carpet it's replacing that came with my flat and I've long waited to replace since 1998. I call it church basement or BART train carpet. Literally, this is exactly the carpet you see on BART trains. I'm sure the BART officer arrested in Nevada is going to claim that looking at the carpet drove him over the edge and that he was so disoriented that he pulled the trigger New Year's night.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Gary said...

How exciting - I'm sure it'll look fantastic. And the fact that you are going to do this yourself is even more impressive; from construction boots to dancing shoes in a matter of days.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - I just hope I don't cut off a finger in the process.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Wow, very stylish... now, are these actually ceramic or stone tiles, or some kind of composite, or what? (I looked at the Amtico site, but didn't have time to read descriptions of their entire line specs, etc.)

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joe - Nothing in this house but the most exquisite quarried Corinthian marble. Considering what I paid, it might as well be the real thing.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Ah, I see... so I'll just have to wonder if it's live or Memorex.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Joe - ...or Ella Fitzgerald.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home