Saturday, April 04, 2009

Home and Dry

Last week was extremely busy and intense with work, but things ended on a positive note in my corner despite difficult news on the larger horizon But...better days are potentially on the horizon.

It was 67 degrees cloudy as I left and I tried to ignore the too familiar Denver-United announcement of "flight attendants will remain seated due to turbulence but will begin service as soon as it's safe". If it's not safe, then why do we have this plane in the to begin with?

It was good to be home and see Bow so excited and gorgeous local weather as Denver get pulmeted with the above storm that is just beginning. Now it will be exciting to see United deliver my bag sometime between 6 and 10 p.m. tonight.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

lady bow is certainly very happy to have you home, now if you can just welcome your wayward luggage.

ominous sounding post re 'difficult news on the larger horizon' but happy your corner is copacetic

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mouse - Thanks. The bag did make it back. The difficult news is the economy stuff that is making all of us crazy and due to no fault of our own. But at least it seems the tide may be turning, and I think things will be saner soon.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Isn't it wonderful to be welcomed home by an adoring pet? Bow must be thrilled and has probably not let you out of her sight for a second.

Glad you got the bag!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - Yes, Bow gives a wonderful welcome home greeting.

Secretly, I was kind of wishing that they never found my much weathered Kenneth Cole bag with zippers that catch and lots of scrapes. I was already planning to place its value around $2300 and travel in style. But I'm too honest, I guess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home