Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Then Blooming Junk Thief

Can you see why in 1971 my parents said "We're not terribly surprised," when I shared certain news with them around the time that I was obsessed by the movie The Boyfriend and acquired the soundtrack and all the related clippings of reviews and related articles. Perhaps because I went around the house singing a paraphrased version of the title tunes lyrics (I'm wild about/Just simply can't do without/That certain thing called the boyfriend) was a bit of a give away. Does the fact that 38 years later I still have this trove of treasures/junk (I am a Junk Thief) say anything as well?

Of course, if I hadn't, you would not have the privilege of reading this May 4, 1971, Look magazine article about the new and improved Twiggy. At the time I remember being particularly struck by the fact that her "boyfriend" Justin bought $100 shoes which my parents thought was appalling. (When was the last time that I bought shoes that cost only $100?)

We aim to inform and promote culture here at Junk Thief.

(P.S. Click on the Look magazine clipping jpegs to read them more easily.)



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Twiggy, she FIERCE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home