Friday, April 27, 2007

Neurotic Like Me: Where You're From


(Overheard at the Holiday Inn Express, Sycamore, Illinois)

Receptionist: Nebraska. Oh, wow.

Guest: Yes. Lincoln.

Receptionist: Oh, I've been there.

Guest: Yes, that's where I'm from.

Receptionist: And I'm from here. Fifth generation, Dekalb.

Guest: Wow.

Receptionist: But where are you from? I mean, your people. Where are they from?

Guest: Nebraska. We've always been from Nebraska as far back as we know.

Receptionist: Oh, yes. How could anyone not love Nebraska?

Guest: I know.

Receptionist: Well, there's nothing better than being where your from.

(Okay, I think that last line may be a worthy replacement for "Wherever you go; there you are.")

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Good times...good times.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger WAT said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed at the chit chat those goes on when there really is nothing to say. The receptionist seems to be trying TOO hard to make conversation.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Well, it's another reason I left the Midwest. While some people would call it being civil and friendly, on a trip like this one I really want them to just cut to the chase and give me my room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home