Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sheryl Crow - Republican Operative?

Sheryl Crow's suggestion yesterday that there be a limit of one square of toilet paper per bathroom visit makes it very suspicious of whose side she is on. I'm all for cutting back on consumption, going green, but there are some places where I never want the government or celebrities to stick their noses, pun fully intended. Such insane suggestions will make even the most died in the wool environmentalist have the same reaction that a Rush Limbaugh will likely have. Even spookier is imagining what research Sheryl did to reach this conclusion.

Perhaps preventing Sheryl from travelling -- anywhere for any purpose -- or using any form of electronic media would be a better remedy and could probably make a bigger impact than her suggestion which will probably has already resulted in a new hole in the ozone layer with her name on it.


Thanks so much, Sheryl, for sharing information about your frugality that I could have lived without. If we ever meet, I think I'll pass on the opportunity to shake your hand.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No kidding on passing on the hand shake. I was thinking about this, and for the moments when irls need to just blot (sometimes guys should too before putting it away) one square may be sufficient. Then there are the times when no amount of paper will do the job and you simply get in the shower....

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Well, yeah, the one square blot moments cross gender. But beyond tha it's a case of more information than I need.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger WAT said...

That's "Sheryl" with an S.

Uh, yeah. I dunno if I can wipe my butt with so little. I need lots and lots!

Time for a bidet, but then they'll say we're wasting too much water.

Ho hum.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Oops, sorry, SHERYL. Thanks, WAT, for pointing that out.

All the same, I think I'll pass on the handshake. And is it just me, or could she almost pass for Ann Coulter in that photo?

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so not enough toilet paper.

I like your thoughts on her. Never saw her that way.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger The Blue Elephant said...

Some things don't get enough attention. I think for the next Gay Pride Parade I may carry a sign quoting "'Holy the Asshole!' -- Allen Ginsburg" with a nice picture of the same (I guess one cannot add an attachment to comments -- Very good -- I wouldn't want JunkThief to get an X-rating.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Yes, Blue Elephant, thanks for refraining from the Allen Ginsberg photos. We want to maintain JunkTheif's PG rating. It might not go over well with our fans from Focus on the Family who log in daily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home