Monday, May 14, 2007

Out of Sync?

A lot of friends are complaining about how "cold" it has been here today, that it's late June weather in May. That's perfect to me. After what I can't see anyone calling a less than glorious weekend, I found it to be perfectly brisk and crisp day. Maybe that is because I spent 3/4th of my life in much more intense summer and winter environments. As always, it seems I'm out of sync with folks on these things. It's certainly a nice break from the weather 10 days ago.

I am really feeling unfocused and out of sync with work but also feeling I'm on the verge of making big changes again and rising to new challenges. Most people envy my job, but the travel routine and getting up the nerve to make high stakes phone calls is tiring.

After a year of wanting to be some form of a hermit I am increasingly interested in being more social and romantically connected. The loss of parents during the past three years figured heavily into all of that. People I thought would support me didn't, and I found strength from the most unlikely people. As always, true colors come through in a crisis. And there seems to be a guardian troll, like the one that there's been a lot of news coverage of this week hidden in an obscure corner of the eastern span of the Bay Bridge. Glad to know he's there.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Yes, indeed, it sounds as if you are on the precipice of transition, which is exciting and scary all at once. Life is about change, and we cause ourselves so much stress when we fight that, though it is difficult not to resist, at least on some level. Hang in there, listen to your gut and see what unfolds.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Oh, golly, JDZS. As Dinah Washington put it, "What a Difference a Day Makes." Several huge breakthroughs with work at the oddest turns today. And I remembered to take my bags for recycling to Trader Joe's! They love me, they love me!

I'm sure I'll be in the dumps again by this time tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home