Friday, May 11, 2007

Funk After 50


Something odd in the air isn't unusual for this neighborhood, but it did to have a little more body this morning. So I was pleased to know my mind was not playing tricks on me but that a funk of more than 50 years was released down by St. Luke's this morning. Like the dog ever on the wrong side of the door, those inside were anxious to get out to escape the odor, while those outside near the source were anxious to get inside for treatment. Isn't that a bit of a metaphor for life in this city any given day?

UPDATE: For whatever reason, this post and the earlier one line reference to a date this past Saturday garnered huge response. No, we didn't have mojitos, and I'd really not thought about them in years. (I actually have had one only one and in, of all places, Davis, last November.) Walking down Market this evening, I saw this sign near the Fell Street exit. Maybe I should go to this place next time. By the way I'm free this weekend, those of Mediterranean lineage are shown a HUGE preference, but I'm flexible beyond that.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger J. David Zacko-Smith said...

Funny!

I occasionally call my dog "noxious odor".

Yuck!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Scot said...

Somehow I was hoping the 'N' in your title should have been a 'C'. Didn't you say you have a hot date tonight?

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

JDZM - Yep, and sometime I have to sing "Smelly Cat" to the feline.

SCOT - Patience! That's in a few hours. What? Are you implying someone of my advanced years might have an interest in that stuff?

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Scot said...

I really didn't mean to call you 'after 50' but how did it go? (And after being chased by a man of 74 when I was 23, I know the appetite can still be whet (or wet?) at almost any age.)

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

It was...okay...no repeat engagement planned. By the way, I didn't go with the Miami Vice look. Sometimes I don't know if folks know when I am being ironic.

74 chasing 23 is downright spooky. My appetite can still be whet/wet (more often than I'd wish at times), but my sense of dignity has its limits.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Scot said...

I somehow doubted you would sport the Miami Vice look but I was hoping the date was not a literary device. Glad you're getting out. Sorry the date flopped like the M.V. movie.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger WAT said...

I will be 50 in...

NEVERMIND.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home