Friday, June 29, 2007

iWon't Buy One Yet

I was in Union Square this afternoon as the line to the Apple store wove up Stockton...
...and further up O'Farrell...
...as news crews took shots....

...of people camped out, some selling their spots for $500 a spot. I, like many, took photos with my Treo (so early 21st century!) while listening to my iPod mini and then checked email. Now, could I do all those things at once with just once device? Perhaps, but I still am in no rush to buy one.
And then there was this guy being pulled in front of Neiman Marcus around the corner. Somebody must have had some great bait, an iPhone perhaps.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger marxsny said...

I go through cell phones like extra virgin olive oil. I can't imagine paying $500 for something I'm going to want to replace in 2 yrs. Besides, I'm not a big fan of apple and their lame ass ad campaigns and crappy incompatible software. Their survival as a corporation hinges on people who don't think like me, I suppose.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Speaking out against Apple in SF is about as bad as being a Republican (don't worry, I'm not one of those). I also never got why people would stand in line for those stupid Star Wars movies. I saw one of them in the 1980s and fell asleep after about 15 minutes.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Emily Suess said...

Early adopters are just sheep in people's clothing.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Based on the cons vs. pros I am already hearing, I think I may pass on this one completely. I've also considered finding an alternate MP3 player that is better looking than my iPod. History has shown us the disadvantages of having all our media in one location as evidenced by the demise of those klunky 1970s home entertainment centers. If the TV went out you also lost the turntable and radio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home