Tuesday, July 24, 2007

¿Y nada más?

Although I don't have plans to suddenly make this site about that, over the weekend I ended a three to four week (I actually wasn't keeping count) dating cycle. I couldn't even say that it fizzled, let alone blew up or crashed. It was just mutually clear that it had gone as far as it was going to go.

Were we to run into each other on the street tomorrow or two years from now, I suspect it would be civil. I would not even rule out resuming where we left off if the opportunity to do so. But I am neither longing nor fearing doing that. Is that a sign that there was nothing there to begin with? Perhaps. Does it mean I'm ready to move on to the next person? Yes. Does it mean I've been dating more recently than in a long time? Yes. Does it mean I'm going to go into details on this site? No.

Monday I arrived for what will be a week and a half long strategic planning conference. Gasp! That's a long time to feel you're held hostage in the middle of nowhere I'm sure I won't be dating anyone here since there is nobody here but coworkers. I'm definitely not interested in that.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Heavens to Betsy, where are you? Is the SLA involved?

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

From now on, I am to be addressed as Tonya. I wanted the name Che, but they already gave that to someone else.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Joe said...

"Strategic Planning" is a synonym -- a euphemism, if you will -- for pure, unadulterated hell.

Down with Organizational Management Theory!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

It's even more fun when every statement must be translated into Creole, Aymara, Bambara, Hmong, Nepali and a few dozen other languages.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Robert said...

I haven't read many posts from you regarding love/lost love... But however it cums, would love to hear more!

What's wrong with f**king, I mean dating your coworkers??! ahaha, j/k. I married one! :-)

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Eva the Deadbeat said...

Sometimes these "No Gos" are a good thing cause they make it MORE clear when you meet someone you truly dig. Like you gotta taste the not so right bowls of porridge to get to the yummy, just right one. but what the hell do i know about this thing called love?!? argh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home