Friday, August 03, 2007

Gato Perdido

Few things upset me more about travel than ha\ving to arrange for care of my cat Bunter. I've got enough of a network of friends and a couple of for pay cat sitters that I've always been able to let him stay at home and maintain his assumed role as king of the castle.

Being the end of July and the peak of vacation time, that didn't work out this time. So I had to resort to a cat "hotel", going with the one most highly recommended by friends and several online resources. I won't go so far as to libel them by naming it, but I came away with a very uneasy feeling. The super cute but mindless teenage boy at the desk that took 20 minutes trying to find Bunter was not the most confidence inspiring reunion with my pet.

Though he seemed physically fine and not really stressed, he has been extremely vocal the past 24 hours since we have been reunited, basically calling out to me anytime we're not in the same room and insisting on uninterrupted physical contact. When I see the various lost cat posters in my neighborhood, I don't regret making him an exclusively indoor cat. But now I feel fairly certain I'll never do the cat hotel option again unless I can find a better location.

Anyone wanting a free place to stay in San Francisco and wonderful feline companion is encouraged to call me up the next time I'm heading out of town.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Scot said...

Hey, just let me know! If it's an extended stay, I also have a girlfriend in Pacifica who wouldn't mind the shorter commute to SF State

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Thanks, Scot. Maybe we should start a new concept of Blog Swap. We could swap houses and blogs for a week.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

I will never use those animal hotels. A few years back I went with a friend to pick up his dog from one of these places and watched an employee actually punch a dog. We were horrified and stood stunned. The employee had now idea we were watching him thru the tinted glass. It was twilight and the lights in the dog room were much brighter than outside.
I'm not fond of dogs but come on... punching an animal in the face?
We reported the behavior to the owner. She was not phased by the information.



Keep your pets at home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home