Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hot Nuts and a New F Word

Remember those math questions in elementary school? Here's one for you: "If you want to travel 225 miles in 8.5 hours, what mode of transportation would you be using?" Answer: via American Airlines to Dallas. I'm no math whiz, but even I know that's less than 27 miles per hour. Even a mechanically challenged Geo goes faster than that, I believe. Granted, the flight itself took 25 minutes, but that's the total time involved going from point A to point B. If I needed to confirm that summer weather provides more challenges than winter, this did it. What a fitting finale to a week and a half conference where global climate change was a recurring theme.

The only saving grace was that after much negotiation to even get a seat on the last flight to SF I looked down on my boarding pass and took a few seconds to figure out why there was not a number for my zone. It almost made up for the delays to be served hot nuts and wine in a glass goblet. What a concept. So that's how the other .0007% lives. Though it was a lesson reconfirmed not a new one, I am glad that I took the route of being calm and polite. I suspect my fellow travellers who were screaming about the injustice done to them and demanding to see a supervisor are still sitting in the waiting lounge of DFW.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Scot said...

I might like this F Word even better than my most frequently used one.
Lets hope my trip to TX next week goes a little smoother.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

See? That goes to show you that you get more hot nuts with honey than vinegar.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Emily Suess said...

Lucky duck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home