Friday, December 28, 2007

The Story of Junk, Er, I Mean, Stuff


Although in theory I agree with the rants of Reverend Billy, I ultimately find him to be a bit to, well, preachy.

However, I'm thrilled to see that Annie Leonard's The Story of Stuff is now reaching a wider audience. I've heard her speak a few times and find her to be straight forward, not condescending and able to present these facts in a clear straightforward manner. It's as if she's a human version of the Pinky Show!

In a way she's sort of the shadow side of what lies beneath Junk Thief, that there's too much stuff/junk filling our lives that are the symptoms of a system in crises.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

wonderful! thanks for the link - I enjoyed watching all the chapters in the story of stuff. I appreciate her positive and activist message.

you are right in calling annie the human equivalent of pinky - they both share an engaging style and curious minds! thanks for turning me on to both these wise women!

yep, too much stuff - reminds me of more bumpersticker wisdom 'live simply so others can simply live'

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Kimy - That's a good motto. Like Pinky Annie is cute, smart and committed to progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home