Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Mark of the Thieves

Too often, too much is made about how I am so "different" from the rest of my family. Though I respect their privacy by not talking to much about them here (or am so self obsessed that I don't want to share the limelight), I was pleased to receive a box from my sister and her family yesterday. As usual, there was a "open when you get the shipment" bag that was a seasonal creation. Here is her creation for the season, typical of her fondness for quilting, primitives, animals and...well, a sort of Junk Thief sense of humor. When she was a newlywed, she pulled a wretched couch from a creek and had it completely rebuilt and recovered at easily three times the cost of a new couch simply because it had the perfect lines. She finally parted with it this summer, a good 35 years on. I don't plan to part with the pillow anytime soon.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love that cat pillow. LOVE it. I have to copy cat your sister and make my own. Tell her she inspired me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home