Tuesday, January 01, 2008

In My Neighborhood - Holiday Aftermath

It's notes like this self-righteous tome that make me want to pack it in and move to a gated community in far north Dallas. Well, not that much, but it's the type of thing that most annoys me about San Francisco. I don't like being preached to by anyone, be they Moral Majority or people of this ilk. I was really tempted to add an addendum saying that Sharpies are filled with toxic chemicals and that paper, even sheets such as this recycled one, are made from trees that take years to grow and thousands of gallons of water. Solyent Green, however, is made from people.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 3:35 AM, Blogger WAT said...

Jesus, what kind of Xmas tree guilt trip WAS THAT?!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Hope you're having a great new year, and I must add that:

Me gusta tu nueva foto. The one in the About Me/profile section.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

Thank God for you! Yes, sharpies are filled with toxic chemicals. For heaven's sake!

This is one of the things about the west coast I don't miss at all, that self-righteous self loathing.

Christmas trees are happy things, and everything dies.

Happy new year!!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - Well, they didn't succeed, 'cause I didn't feel one it guilty. At last a photo you like! I was taken outside of Parc Guell, so maybe that's why I look almost happy.

Reya - Indeed, and even worse writing it in first person is insane. Uh, I don't think the tree actually said that. I bet it would have said, "Yippee, I finally got to be a Christmas tree!"

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

HA! Take that, hippie!

Ithaca's town slogan should be:
'Ithaca. We recycle better than you do'.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jill - Well, the person does have good penmanship.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger circleinasquare said...

Hmmm,
delicious Solyent Green...

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Circle - Very tasty. I love mine with Freedom Fries.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Michael Guy said...

Jesus Lord! That's worse than my nosy neighbors counting vodka bottles during my EX's binge-drinking heydays.

We've since separated.

But they're still nosy neighbors.

Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home