Friday, January 04, 2008

Today

I am thankful that:
* I will be working from home and looking at this view, not having to be out in it.
* I will be flying Tuesday, when there will be another storm but much weaker, and not when by 9 a.m. SFO had already canceled 30 flights.
* I will not be going over one of the bridges where there are 50-90 m.p.h. wind gusts.
* I remembered to charge up all my mobile devices last night before the power started going on and off every 30 minutes.
* I got a five minute break from the gale force winds to take down all the flower pots on a precarious railing in the garden.

I am not thankful that:
* I heard SFO spokesman Mike McCarron say "On days like this, we have a real problem trying to guess (my emphasis) which direction to take off from."
* My middle bay window that always rattles in even mild winds is threatening to fly away. And I still need to call FEMA about the tree damage from the ice storm at Lazy Acres last month.

Okay, I've got four days to try to block that comment out of my mind before popping down in my aisle seat.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

oh me oh my.... but happy to read that your thankful list is much longer than the not list!!

wishes for dry and blue skies.....

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Kimy - Thanks. It's much better today, and I'm even more thankful. Now to work on the frame of that window that almost went dancing down the street...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home