Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Junk Thief´s Last Live Andean Post

Hola, Amigachos. So much to write. I am happily back in Quito for my last night in the southern hemisphere until my next visit. After a week in the campo, city life is a bit odd. It is wonderful to be back in the San Francisco like weather of Quito after a day in the Chota Valley. Our driver Francisco had near heat stroke, and fortunately we had a wilderness first responder to attend to him and all is well. It was a week of many adventures --from health clinics to farmer field schools to a condor rescue reserve. I was especially fond of the snow owls and harpy hawk.

Details (and 600 plus photos and three hours of video) to follow once I fly home EARLY Thursday via Miami.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Emily Suess said...

Safe travels on your way back. Looking forward to the pictures. Probably the closest thing I'll have to vacation for at least three years. :)

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

can't wait to see your photos. that is a place I am dying to visit. soon...

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I have travel envy.

Oh, and piss off, Jason Dittle. No one likes you.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger CornFedBoy said...

Looking forward to seeing your photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger jason said...

Snow owls and harpy hawks?
Sounds like a fantasy novel.

buen viaje!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Emily - Thanks. I hope you enjoy the photos.

Bryan - The whole continent is worth a visit.

Mr. Dittle - Since you posted twice, did you actually make $1600 extra a month? I'd be happy to make some suggestions on how you can put that to good use through effective philanthropy.

Dave - Perhaps you can join me on a future trip. Thanks for guarding my blog while I was away and taking on Mr. Dittle. You're good people, bro'.

Corn Fed - Hope you enjoy them.

Jason - ...and yet it happened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home